Hippo @ Zoo

Hippo @ Zoo

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Clover update

A few weeks back I posted about "growing free fertilizer" in the form of nitrogen fixing through clover. Kat bought me some seeds on Amazon, and I decided to test a small patch before dumping it all on the yard. Well, it has started to grow in....


This is a patch in the backyard that Max had dug, so there was no digging involved. I tossed out some compost from the previous year, and watered daily for about 10 days. Then about every other day. Depending on the heat, it should be about twice a week now. Unfortunately, the nitrogen fixing won't start until next spring.
Speaking of last year's compost though....
I had thrown a gourd into it last fall, and by the time I was planting my raspberry bush, the gourd had decomposed. I didn't think anything of it until a strange plant started growing next to the raspberries. Eventually it took over and I found out what it was.

Looks like we'll have some fall decorations again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment