Hippo @ Zoo

Hippo @ Zoo

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Road Trip!

I've been following the Green Riders on their blog (http://thegreenriders.blogspot.com/) for the last few days. A married couple is travelling across the country on electric bicycles and blogging the journey.
I chose to follow their blog, as it kinda (sorta) relates to the theme of my blog. Also, I like road trips.
Way back when (old man hat on), I used to drive from OKC to western Washington once a year. 2,400 miles over 3 days. Eventually I figured out how to do it in 2 (no, it wasn't legal). I remember my first trip, I drove a 1991 Firebird with no cruise control or GPS and a new exhaust system. Yes, I was nuts and deaf by the end. Anyway, I drove straight west on I-40 almost to LA, then up I-5 all the way to Seattle. I didn't make the best time on the first leg, so I decided to do LA - Seattle in one day. Ouch. Just typing that hurts today. Thankfully, there are benefits to being 21 and having a 24 pack of Mountain Dew in the passenger seat. Unfortunately, I was more focused on the goal than the journey, and only took maybe 5 pics.
Today, I'd be more like the Green Riders, taking my time and probably a hundred or so pictures. Next time!

1 comment:

  1. I like the blog you chose to follow, I think their blog would be so interesting and I like the thought of what their doing, its so spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete