Hippo @ Zoo

Hippo @ Zoo

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

OT: Paintings

Dr Clark's cool watercolors got me thinking that maybe I should show off my wife's work. She painted as a kid, then pretty much gave it to to focus on college, then career. This spring Kat enrolled in a painting class out at Eastern Oklahoma Country Technology Center in Choctaw.
This was her first adult painting with guidance from the teacher.

^It's a painting of Ruby Beach in Washington. It's a 30-ish minute drive from my hometown, so we go there every time we head to WA to visit my family. Here's what a pic looks like.

Kat really got the 3D effect of the trees, and the sky is waaaaay back there. She gave it to me since we couldn't make it to WA this year (need a new roof).

This is her current project, her cat Pikachu. (work in progress)
And what Pika looks like on "film".
Even though it's not done, the detais are starting to show up. You can't see it in these pics, but she's got a lot of fur details.
Very cool stuff, and I wish I had that kind of talent. She finds it relaxing, and it's pretty affordable, so we make sure she gets "Kat time" every week.

10 comments:

  1. Bravo---the illusin of three dimensions on 2-d is wonderful...glad she's doing this...it fills a niche in th sould--crativity spurs chemical reactions inside too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are awesome! I wish I had that kind of talent, too! I like the cat's name! Pikachu is my favorite character from Pokemon and I'd name a cat that in a heartbeat...if I were allowed to have one where I currently live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do look awesome! She is very talented. I have always wished I could paint or draw, but whenever I try it doesn't work as well as it looked in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your wife is clearly talented!!! go you she is awesome!!! ps yes im sure your wife loves getn random small gifts, everygirl loves it!! keep on spoiling her

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see talent runs in the family. Both of you are so well cultured and artistic.

    ReplyDelete